DuPage County Family Law Attorney
A Caring Family Law Attorney in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
As a DuPage County family law lawyer, Sherby knows that family law and divorce issues can be burdensome and overwhelming. She also knows that the children, even though they are too often ignored in the process, are the most important stakeholders in every divorce.
Sherby opened her DuPage County, Illinois, family law firm in 2004 to provide caring representation that is focused on quick and equitable settlements for Cook, DuPage, Lake and Will County Illinois divorce clients.
Dedicated Representation in All Family Law Practice Areas
In every case, the Law Office of Sherby Dianne Scurto, P.C. offers personalized legal representation focused on the children’s best interests. Through her work as an Oakbrook Terrace child custody attorney, Sherby has represented clients in all types of family legal disputes, including:
- Divorce – Ms. Scurto handles all aspects of divorce, focusing on efficient and amicable settlements before trial.
- Military divorce - Being an Army veteran, gives Sherby insight and knowledge into the special considerations in a military divorce.
- Division of assets and debt – Illinois law requires that property and debt be divided equitably during a divorce, and Sherby can help you pursue a fair and reasonable plan for asset distribution.
- Paternity – Ms. Scurto can help you resolve paternity issues before the courts so you can seek child support or assert your parenting rights.
- Child custody and visitation – Ms. Scurto does everything possible to preserve the two-parent structure so that children are not deprived of a parent after a divorce.
- Child support - Sherby works towards equitable settlements of child support issues.
- Adoption – Ms. Scurto’s focus is on stepparent and other adult adoption situations.
- Post-decree modification – When times change after a decree is finalized, Sherby can help you modify the provisions of the decree to suit your changing needs.
- Spousal support - Ms. Scurto can help you reach a quick and equitable agreement regarding spousal support, which is support given to a spouse who cannot maintain the same standard of living that the couple enjoyed while married.
- Removal – Custodial parents who want to move out of state with children after a divorce must petition the court and show good cause. Sherby can help you understand your options whether you seek or oppose the move.
In all these matters, Sherby finds that quick, amicable settlements are always better for the children. The Law Office of Sherby Dianne Scurto, P.C is not the type who will grind it out in court for a long, drawn-out battle, fighting for every advantage regardless of costs. From her Oakbrook Terrace family law office, Sherby works to resolve issues efficiently, and always look out for the children’s best interests.
Call for a Free Consultation With an Oakbrook Terrace Divorce Attorney
If you need understanding help with a legal problem involving your family, The Law Office of Sherby Dianne Scurto, P.C. can help. Contact us, a DuPage County family law firm, online or call 630-873-3559 for a free consultation to discuss your case. As your attorney, Sherby will give you the personal attention you need and deserve. She will always work with you personally rather than handing your case off to a paralegal or an assistant.